Thursday, December 11, 2014

Individual Field Requirement Hathaway-Brown High School 10

Mr. Mose’s Art History Class
December 10, 2014
Reflection

These ten hours of observation I've done in Mr. Morse's Art History classroom have really been an amazing experience. I am appreciative of the fact that he and his students invited me into their classroom with open arms. This gave me an chance to really watch a phenomenal person in a profession similar to what I plan on doing teach in a way similar to how I believe teaching should be done. Mr. Morse believes that he, as the teacher gives his students the tools and is there if they need help or support but it is their responsibility to use these tools and take the next step. He also understands the importance of talking to students and not above them because if you talk to you students, they feel that you are being attentive to their needs as individual learners.
The only thing I can say that would've improved this experience was if I'd also had the chance to observe an actual HISTORY classroom and not just an Art History class since they are similar but share some distinct and important differences.
But besides that, this experience was fantastic and this school was so welcoming (both faculty and students) and wanted to make sure I got the most out of each Individual Field Experience.  I would definitely recommend others to observe Mr. Morse's class because he really has a strong understanding of the key ideas that every good teacher should know and practice to create a good learning environment. This is clearly visible to all that watch him teach and through the respect his students show him. I am thrilled I got the opportunity to observe this Fantastic teacher for these observations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment