Monday, September 15, 2014

BlogPost 2

Location: Target


Reflection:

This observation experience made me realize that I tend to make up my own ideas of why people do what they do. I make assumptions that I don’t take the time to make sure are correct. I also have a tendency to judge people right away, within the first few seconds of interaction. I feel that I was able to observe my surroundings with ease, but when my friend and I talked about what we had witnessed while people watching I found that I was a lot more judgmental than she seem to be. I feel that when looking at people around me instead of creating my own story of what their lives must be, I should probably wait to make any assumptions. As someone who plans on going into the teaching field I believe it is very important to keep an open mind and to not make immediate judgements of your students because that can change the relationship you can form with each individual student if you go in already having some sort of bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment